Wednesday 9 November 2016

First MOT

Finally a cobra related post.

I can't believe that its 3 years since the cobra was finished and registered on the road. In the UK that means its time for the MOT. dun dun DUNNNNNN.........

I knew the car would be fine for everything but was a bit nervous about the emissions. I don't really know why as I have kept on top of engine running with in depth carb tuning so I was on top of everything. CO limit was 3.5% for my engine (1977) and HC limit is 1200ppm. Sailed through with 3.1%CO and 692 HC at slightly elevated revs (allowed by the test). Everything else was bob on.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave, I read your post about exhaust baffles on the Cobra and found it interesting. I'm trying to figure out something with my Gen V Viper as well. Can I ask who did the baffle that you fitted to the outside side pipe that lowered the noise. I'm trying to get a sensible noise limits for some tracks. Cheers Alex

    ReplyDelete